Bat Masterson and Ogallala Bust-Out

In the summer of 1880, Billy Thompson was shot at a salon in Ogallala, Nebraska. After the shooting, the law kept him under guard at the only city hotel in Ogallala House, until he could judge and hang – which was left out of the conclusion of all residents. His brother Ben Thompson, a famous gambler and pistol, was convinced that the mob in Ogallala was waiting for him to come after Billy. He had reason to believe that if he appeared, they intend to make a tie for the two. Heding his bets, Ben urged his old friend, Bat Masterson, to free his brother from the claw of what was considered to be the guilty law of Ogallale.

It all started when Billy fought for the affection of the local whore with the shameful nickname of Big Alice. The owner of the limousine, Bill Tucker, claimed to be on duty and warned Billy to stay away from the girl. Billy, who did not know how to keep an eye on the warnings, continued to agree with Big Alice until he decided to confront Tucker in his salon, the Cowboy Holiday. After lowering the bowel with a lot of alcohol, Billy leaned back into the lounge and pulled a quick look at Tucker. The bullet caught the owner of the salon in his hand while serving the client a whiskey. Tucker quickly counted his fingers on his left hand and found that his thumb was missing, and three fingers were unpacked. He grabbed the towel for the bar, wrapped his bloody hand, and leaned behind the bar. Billy, thinking he had killed a man, picked up the gun and left the salon.

Tucker was far from the dead. He pulled himself behind a double-rifle bar. He ran to the door and with his good hand raised ten meters in Thompson, leaving with both barrels. Billy, who was just a short distance from the lounge, leaned forward to the street with five wounds on his back and buttocks. Tucker's friends took him to his house for medical help, while the law dragged Billy to the Ogallal House where he was treated and held in jail.

Because Ben Thompson saved his life or for whatever reason, Masterson felt obliged to help Ben take his dark brother from Ogalala and boarded a train to Nebraska. Having arrived in the city, which was just a little more than a few rugged buildings gathered around the Union Pacific on the north coast of the South Platte River, Bat examined the situation and discovered that he was opposed to the bad prospects. Bili's wounds made him incapable of riding a horse, so Bat had to figure out another way to get him out of town. He told Billy to pretend he was so weak he could not escape as he thought of the plan.

The Bat made friends with a young deputy who was in charge of keeping Billy at the hotel. They played cards to pass the time and often Bat paid for a round of drinks. After a few days, Bat saw his opportunity on Sunday night when the whole community came out to dance held at a school on the outskirts of the city. Sheriff, who was the best pirate player in the area, liked to play and keep a lot of dancing until little hours the next morning.

The night of the dance, the house of Ogallala was emptied, leaving only Bat, Billy, deputy and bartender named Jim Dunn. Masterson managed to bribe Dunne to insert "Mickey Finn" into one of the whiskeys he ordered for himself and the guard. The guard dropped the drunk and Bat called another round. A few minutes after another drink, the guard collapsed to the floor. The Bat paid the bartender and ran into Billy's room where he wore a wounded man. Then he raised Billy into the carpet, lifted him over his shoulder and led to the warehouse. They arrived just as the train entered the station about midnight. The Bat boarded the train, lifted Billy to the place, and quietly left for North Platte fifty kilometers east of Ogallala.

About two o'clock in the morning, they retreated to North Platte where Bat took Thompson and descended down the stairs to the station. It was black, but along the street, Masterson could see the gases in Dave Perry's salon. He managed to pull Billy through the door of the salon and put it on a billiard table. Fortunately, Bill Cody sang in the salon and told stories to his friends. The Bat explained their situation, and Cody, who was always a showman, dramatically swore that they would personally take care not to fall into the hands of the Ogallal authorities and allow them to return them to Dodge City.

Here's where the story goes comic. Not speaking to her wife, Cody gave Masterson his new fetal cabin and a well-hatched horse to transfer Billy from Nebraska. In addition, he offered them to accompany them along with a group of dignitaries who led him to a large cattle ranch about twenty-five miles south of North Platte. The Europeans, sent by General Sheridan, visited the West to see firsthand the wilderness of the border, and Cody was in charge of leading them to the Keith ranch. Twenty foreigners were eager to see Buffalo Bill taking them through the wild plains and he was in his element – full of grandiose gestures and dramatic talent.

As the caravan met, Cody asked Masterson to drive his two-component wagon and let a second ranch drive a Thompson carriage. The Bat quickly discovered that a small amount of food and a huge amount of alcohol were loaded in the caravan. All riders received a drunken drink, and then Cody gave the group a sign to go on their journey. After a short trip, Cody stopped riding a rest, which included a large amount of "ongoing refreshments". He repeated this routine for a few more stops while the caravan now did not have a great old time, but it was harder and harder to stay in the saddle.

Finally, Cody, who turned in the saddle, pulled out to the car and stumbled across the boat. He fell asleep immediately and Bat remained in charge of leading the group in the south. Shishmis, who also had his part of the current refreshment, was barely able to sail in a car and after a short distance hit the rim and rolled the wagon on the back. Masterson was thrown out of the car, but Cody was trapped under the bed, covered with "refreshments". The bat fell on his face and carried a bloody cut in his lower lip. He and the others managed to straighten the caravan only to find that Cody was unharmed and wondered what happened in the thunder.

They finally reached Keith's Ranch where they had dinner, and Cody sobered enough to entertain her escorts with her legendary shooting and riding skills. The next morning, Masterson, who had a swollen lips and a massive hangover, moored Cody's fetus and headed for Dodge City with Billy. Shortly after he left the ranch, a massive black cloud fluttered them from the west that drowned them in the torrential rain of the frostbite. She continued to rain for the rest of their journey for two hundred miles.

A few days later, Mrs. Cody's carriage went to Dodge City, and Masterson on the reins and Thompson wrapped in a moist buffalo dress. Both were covered with mud and thoroughly soaked. Trembling, Bat pushed a tired horse toward his favorite hotel where hot baths and decent meals were always available. Billy moved under his bison and asked to stop first in the telegraph office where he wired the sheriff Ogalala. The message said that he must have arrived in Dodge and the sheriff could find him there if he wanted to come for him.

Over the years, Billy Thompson has been accused of many things, but never, he was never very clever. Luckily, for Billy, the sheriff decided that he was not worth the effort and let the thing turn out.